- Verifies Monolithic Dome Engineering – Using classic shell theory equations, checks engineering calculations to verify shotcrete thicknesses, rebar sizes and placement.
- Finite Element Analysis – Uses FEMAP and Nei/Nastran to model Monolithic Domes to in-depth analysis to determine stress, strain and critical buckling loads. Recommends reinforcing and concrete thicknesses.
- Preliminary Engineering – Determines reinforcing, footing sizes and concrete thicknesses to assist in cost estimations and bidding.
- Writing and Consulting – Writes articles for MDI related to engineering. Answers incoming Monolithic Dome engineering questions and makes recommendations.
Primary Knowledge Areas:
Structural Engineering, Finite Element Analysis, Mathematics,
Differential Equations, Programming
Primary Program/Hardware Experience:
ANSYS, FEMAP, NEi/Nastran, NX/Nastran, Matlab, Maple,
AutoCAD, Scientific Workplace, C++ Programming,
STAAD/PRO, Solid Edge, Excel
- With Dr. Habib Sadid and Niraj Ghag, “Environmentally Friendly and Heat Efficient Structures,” presented at Lemley 2007 Intermountain Conference on Environment, September 18-19, 2007, Idaho State University, Pocatello
- With Dr. Habib Sadid, “A Finite Element Analysis of the Monolithic Dome,” presented at 2006 SEM Annual Conference & Exposition, June 2006, St. Louis, Missouri
- “A Finite Element Analysis of the Monolithic Dome,” Master’s Thesis, 2005, Idaho State University