Vice President, Design – 1984 to present
Monolithic’s principal in-house designer and design consultant. Directs and assists the design crew. Oversees many of the designs of Monolithic Dome churches, schools, homes, industrial and commercial facilities.
- Calamco Cold Storage, Stockon, California – project included substantial design work on a robot crane
- Simplot Fertilizer Storage
- New Life Christian Church
- First Church of Christian Science, Hemmett, California
- Emmett High School, Emmett, Idaho
- Italy High School Gymnasium, Italy, Texas
- Avalon High School Gymnasium, Avalon, Texas
- Various low-cost housing projects
CAD work on a PC and Mac; primarily Auto-Cad and VectorWorks. This includes computer scheduling, billing, estimating and quoting. Additionally, field inspection of projects; interfacing with owners, code officials and contractors.
CAD work includes basic design of structures; subsystems such as electrical, plumbing, heating/AC; equipment design such as automated cranes, concrete pumps and inflator units.
Additionally, shot stints as field superintendent for construction projects that include metal buildings and Monolithic Dome construction.
American Concrete Institute (ACI) – Past Secretary of the 334 Committee (Thin Shell Concrete)