A sturdy workhorse
Monolithic Equipment Manufacturing introduces an improved version of its popular, gas-powered, concrete and shotcrete pump.
This lightweight concrete pump is run by a highly-reliable Honda power pack. It’s a sturdy workhorse made better with the added improvement of a direct drive to the carousel.
“By eliminating the drive chain and sprockets in the GHP 1500, this pump is easier to control and operate,” said David South, president of Monolithic. “And because the drive is constant with no pulse of any kind, it is easier and more efficient to work with.”
The direct drive can pump up to 3 cubic yards per hour, yet weighs 800 pounds and is small enough to fit in the bed of a pickup truck. Its 1.5-inch hoses are light enough to be easily handled with lengths of 25 to 50 feet. With a five-gallon fuel capacity, the pump can run eight or more hours without refueling.
“The direct drive design is extremely simple,” said South. “There are no more chains or belts, nothing is exposed, there will be no more gravel falling in the drive system. Nothing will fall off like some of the earlier pumps and nothing is exposed. It is just infinitely more simple and operators will appreciate it.”
The Monolithic GHP 1500 Direct Drive provides a feasible economic alternative on jobs that require a concrete pump, but are too small to warrant the expense of a large expensive pumping unit. It is available exclusively through Monolithic Marketplace.
Other uses include building spray-in-place fences and retaining walls, pumping grout, and placing mortar on boards for masons to use while laying block or brick.
For larger jobs, there’s the gas-powered Monolithic GHP 2000, that can spray 6 cubic yards per hour. The Monolithic GHP 2000 weighs approximately 1,000 pounds.
For more information about either pump, call Monolithic Equipment Manufacturing at 972-483-7423.
Performance Specs for the Monolithic GHP 1500 Direct Drive:
- Gas power – eliminates need for electrical access at the job site and/or the use of a generator.
- Honda power packs – 8 hp high-performance power source requires little in the way of maintenance, with Honda parts and service usually accessible through dealerships.
- Five-gallon fuel capacity – allows the GHP 1500 Direct Drive to run eight or more hours without refueling.
- Skid mounted – transportable in a pick-up truck or on a trailer. GHP 1500 can also be equipped with an axle and towed.
- Hoses – uses “1 1/2” diameter hoses, available in lengths of 25 and 50 feet.
- Uses 3/8th minus aggregate or just sand.
- With the Vibrating Screen and shipping pallet the Monolithic GHP 1500 weighs 940 pounds.
Updated: January 2014