Note: If you are looking for the Residential Feasibility Study, click here.
Schools, Churches, Gymnasiums, Office Complexes, Storages and more…
A Feasibility Study is a preliminary study for a project that compares the Monolithic Dome Process to other building systems.
This preliminary analysis defines the design and intent of the project and provides an estimated budget and schedule, based on the best available information. Monolithic produces a Feasibility Study to assist a client before full design, management and/or construction services are engaged.
Such a study provides “pre-design” plans. Projects that continue from the Feasibility Study utilize the information in the next phases of project design and development, therefore shortening the project’s pre-construction time. It also saves design costs.
MDI engages additional qualified design professionals, as appropriate, to study the client’s program and project requirements. Concept plans and elevations are produced. A preliminary budget and construction schedule are established by utilizing the information from the study and working with the Monolithic team and the client’s representatives.
- A preliminary site schematic developed from information furnished by the client
- Preliminary floor plans showing all described buildings and space uses to scale
- Exterior drawings of proposed front building elevations
- A factual report and budget for construction using square-foot method estimates, based on recent projects of similar type, near the same location, if possible
- Preliminary construction schedule(s)
- Code compliance and zoning information
- A program describing buildings, rooms, space uses, and equipment
- A site plan, and/or plot description of the owner’s property
- Other necessary information regarding special considerations for the project
Options – The following options are available at an additional cost:
- Space planning consultation
- Interior volume analysis studies
- Dome openings and exterior attachment information
- Acoustical design studies and sound system consultation
- Bulk Storage layout, sizing and placement of inbound and outbound conveyors
- Full color renderings and digital models
With the study and analysis report, the client can evaluate and decide to proceed with information to be given to local design professionals, finance groups, and/or building officials. There is no obligation beyond the study itself.
Fees range from $7,500 to $25,000, plus travel expenses, if needed (large studies may require a larger fee). Fifty percent is (50%) is due with the order for the study. The balance is due upon completion.
Because of the huge diversity in size and scope Commercial Feasibility Studies cannot be ordered online. Please call (972)483-7423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are migrating the Monolithic Dome Institute to a new website. Here are the new evaluation forms.
- Storm Shelter / Safe Room Evaluation
- Monolithic Dome School Evaluation
- Monolithic Dome Sports Facilities Evaluation
- Monolithic Dome Storages Evaluation
- Monolithic Dome Churches Evaluation
We also migrated residential evaluation and feasibility information.