Learn to build your own Monolithic Dome
Dome Builders Wanted…
What can I expect to learn in 5 days?
There’s no better teacher than experience. During our 5-day Workshop at Monolithic’s Training Center in Italy, Texas – that’s what you can expect: Experience.
A Monolithic Dome Workshop is a combination of hands-on training and classroom instruction. Equal time is given to studying dome construction principles in a classroom setting and to applying those principles by actually building a Monolithic Dome.
What does the workshop include?
The fee for the workshop includes:
- Five days of instruction and training with experienced dome builders. Classes are held 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. till noon on Saturday.
- At 5:00 p.m. each day there is an optional Snack and Talk time. Snacks are provided at no additional cost. Here you can discuss your plans and projects with instructors and then another 2 hours of instruction and demonstrations.
- Daily lunches are provided by the Monolithic Staff.
- Classroom notebook with an agenda and construction procedures. This is full of examples and information.
- Training Pak which includes Monolithic Training Videos, Monolithic Dome Images fourth and fifth edition DVD, The Monolithic Dome DVD, Monolithic Dome Spreadsheet, set of Io-24 blueprints, Airform fabric samples, “R” Fairy Tale, The Monolithic Dome information pak, Manual of Construction for the Monolithic Dome, Dome Living book and Domes for Tomorrow book.
- On Saturday, the festivities conclude with a barbecue and small graduation ceremony. Bring your camera. You will want to take pictures of your fellow classmates.
What can I expect to learn in the classroom?
- Tuesday: Polyurethane Foam
- Wednesday: Reinforcements and Concrete
- Thursday: Concrete and Engineering
- Friday: Design and Layout
- Saturday: Equipment and Misc.
Instructors are available each evening until 7:00 p.m. to discuss ideas or questions you may have.
What can I expect during hands-on training?
- Practical application of the principles learned in class
- Use of equipment
- Experience spraying foam and concrete
- Experience placing rebar hangers and hanging steel rebar
- Completion of a Monolithic Dome
What can I expect to do with the knowledge and experience I will gain through the workshop?
- Build your own Monolithic Dome home or other Monolithic Dome buildings
- Build a business constructing Monolithic Domes for others
- Work as a subcontractor with others building Monolithic Domes
How do I register?
Reservations can be made by calling (972)483-7423. You may also register online. Register Today!
How much does it cost?
Early bird tuition ends 30-days before classes begin. All tuition is fully refundable up to 15-days before. Partial refunds of tuition minus $295 are given up to 4-days before (Friday). On-site tuition begins 1-day before classes start (Monday). Only prior workshop attendees qualify for Alumni Tuition.
Prices for September and October 2014 are:
- Early bird tuition — $1,495
- Regular tuition — $1,645
- On-site tuition — $1,995
- Alumni tuition — $745
Prices for April and May 2015 are:
- Early bird tuition — $1,995
- Regular tuition — $2,245
- On-site tuition — $2,495
- Alumni tuition — $995
When are the workshops?
Note to former attendees:
If you would like to repeat the workshop as an “alumni”, the cost will be $745 to $995 to cover food and supplies.
If you have further questions, feel free to contact our office. (972) 483-7423 or email: email@example.com
NOTE: As a safety precaution, we do not allow shorts to be worn during the workshops. Nor do we allow pets to be kept on the Monolithic property. In addition, individuals under the age of eighteen are not allowed to participate. There are no exceptions to these rules.