“Monolithic and MOR (Managed Organic Recycling) have been working steadily to create the best compost cover available, and this year we have created a product that has beat all the major competitors,” said Michael South, our vice president/director of operations.
“At this point,” Michael continued, “We cannot discuss the locations of the tests, but the MOR/Monolithic covers have been thoroughly tested in a project in California. It’s official, our covers have NO leaks, and perfect VOC (volatile organic compounds) capture.”
Report by MOR
Managed Organic Recycling, Inc. is a leader in aerated static pile (ASP) composting technology using expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) micropore covers for process enhancement and emissions control, both odors and VOCs.
MOR has tested its technology on a wide variety of organic feedstock materials, such as green waste, food waste, mixed waste, animal wastes and biosolids (wastewater treatment organics), as well as various combinations of these organic materials.
Our typical recipe design mix has 60% H2O, 40% porosity and a C:N ratio between 30 and 40. Processing involves active composting for 18 to 21 days at temperatures between 150 and 160 F degrees; however, PFRP (process to further reduce pathogens) is usually achieved in less than ten days with most feedstock materials.
Active composting is followed by a stabilization/curing phase of two to four weeks at 120 to 140 F degrees to achieve a stable finished compost soil amendment product (Solvita 7 or greater).
Managed Organic Recycling, Inc.’s ASP technology offers the following major benefits to the composting industry:
- Durable ePTFE micropore covers with enhanced UV protection; MOR covers do not fade from their original black color; tensile strength is retained longer than other covers and MOR warrantees its cover for five years.
- MOR’s patented cover tie-down and fugitive emissions control system is unique to the industry.
- MOR offers the most efficient aeration plenum in the industry; less than 10 percent variation in orifice air flow rate.
- Wireless radio-frequency temperature probes – no loose wires on the compost pad.
- Cast aluminum, corrosion resistant blowers (small pile 3Hp/large pile 5Hp; infinitely adjustable variable speed to match feedstock oxygen uptake rates).
- MOR offers a Compost Management System to control aeration rates to individual piles, Cover Placement Machine and storage rack for efficient cover management.
MOR can supply a complete compost facility design and equipment package and individual components on an as-needed basis.